.

.
.

Monday, 19 November 2012

Christmas Liqueur - Eierlikör



One of my favourites….a must have at Christmas, a tradition - a bottle of creamy liqueur (Eierlikör)!

There are a few things that I have enjoyed every Christmas since …..well ever since I can remember  Gingerbread, Sugared/Burnt Almonds, Sultanas and this…..
 
 

Oh and obviously as a child I didn’t have a glass of liqueur but I was always allowed to lick my grandmother’s glass once she had finished…. It was a big treat and they are such beautiful memories!

 










Ingredients

6 Egg Yolks
250g Sugar
1tbsp Vanilla Sugar (see here)
200g Double Cream
250ml Schnaps

Instead of Schnaps you could use any kind of spirits but I would not choose anything with a distinctive flavour. I have made this with Rum and it was just as nice….

Place a medium bowl on top of a medium saucepan and fill with hot water. The water should not touch the bowl.

On low heat, the water should at no stage boil, add Egg Yolks, Sugar and Vanilla Sugar to the bowl and using an electric mixer, mix until thick, pale and creamy (about 5-10 minutes).   

Add Double cream and “Schnaps”. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Take the bowl off the pan, discard water and pour the mixture into the pan. Place back on the heat and stir until the mixture thickens a little. Again do not bring the mixture to the boil! Take off the heat and immediately fill into
bottle(s).

The drink should be kept in a dark, cool place for a few weeks to develop the flavours.
 
 
 


 

 
 This post is linked up with various link parties please take a look at my "I link up to" page and join in!
 

I was featured on Practically Functional

Tickled Pink at 504 Main


10 comments :

  1. I don't drink but if I did, I would definitely try this.:) It sound yummy. Thanks Elisa for sharing on "I Gotta Try That" Have a great day!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you from Weekend Potluck @ The Better Baker.
    Your blog is so pretty! =) This recipe sounds so good... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds oh soo yummy and cozy! Thanks for sharing with Whatever You Want Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! What kind of Schnaps are you using...there are so many flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks so good, I wonder is it similar to Egg Nog? I would be licking the glass too. Thanks for linking up.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, that looks delicious! I'll have to try that this year. :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just stopping by to let you know I featured this today on my blog! You can check it out and grab a Featured button here: The Fun In Functional link party

      Delete
  8. Mmmmmm...sounds delicious and dangerous! :)
    Pour me some!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Hi...how nice to hear from you! Any comments are highly valued! If you leave your blog address I would love to see what you are creating....